List of required documents to submit in order to apply for Transit visa [fr]

ATTENTION : you must provide all the originals of the documents plus a set of photocopy for each document.

1) - Processing fees. Please see our fee grid in order to know the amount to pay

2) - Passport valid at least three months after the expiry date of the visa. + photocopy of all the main pages (pages with picture, expiry date of passport, visas, etc..)

3) - 1 Schengen visa application form hand filled and signed

Short Stay application form

4) - 2 recent and identical photo ID, format 35mm X 45mm only, with a clear and plain background. Pictures with hat, caps, sunglasses, etc.. will not be accepted (NO CUT OUT OF OR CANADIAN PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE).

Click here in order to get the specific characteristics.

Please glue one picture on the form and include the remaining one in an envelope.

5) - Any document supporting your status in Canada and allowing your re-entry, if needed + photocopy. Your Canadian reentry visa sticker must be valid at least 3 months after your departure from the Schengen zone. If you are a landed immigrant in Canada, you must provide the original plus a photocopy both sides of your PR card.

6) - Any document supporting your right of entry in the country of your final destination (visa, residence permit, citizenship) if your status requires it + photocopy

7) - Airplane reservation for the entire travel from your point of departure to your final destination outside of the Schengen zone + photocopy

8) - Proof of accommodation in France:

- If you are planning on staying in a hotel during your stay in France, you have to submit a proof of reservation. Be aware that once you have booked an hotel, the hotel can not be changed for another one. + photocopy

- If you are planning on staying at someone’s place, you have to submit the original of the Attestation d’Accueil issued by the City Hall in France where your host is residing. This Attestation d’Accueil can not be changed and must cover the whole duration of your stay in France. + photocopy.

9) - Proof of your socio-professional status in Canada:

- If you are self employed, you must provide your « business registration » + photocopy

- If you are employed, you must provide a detailed proof of employment (letter from your employer) as well as your last three pay stubs + photocopy
- If you are retired with pension, you need to provide proof of it + photocopy
- If you are unemployed you must provide your spouse detailed proof of employment (letter from the employer) as well as the last three pay stubs + photocopy AND the marriage certificate translated + photocopy

10) - In any case, it is mandatory to submit your last three months bank statement. + photocopy

IF the visa is granted, you will then have to provide:

11) - Original of the airplane ticket or eticket or proof your ticket has been paid in full + photocopy

12) - Proof of confirmation of the hotel reservation if you are staying in a hotel.

13) - travel medical insurance valid for the entire length of your stay in the Schengen zone, covering medicine, hospitalization, repatriation, death, pregnancy, for a minimum of 50,000 CAD + photocopy Attention : your provincial insurance does not suffice, you must purchase a private insurance.

14) - If you are a minor under 18 years old, you must provide the parental authorization signed and notarized. Click on the icon bellow to download that form.

PDF - 18.8 kb
Parental authorization/autorisation parentale
(PDF - 18.8 kb)

Please note that additional documents may be required

Last modified on 23/11/2016

top of the page