Students over 18 years old [fr]

Required Documents for the visa application:

NB: If the studies you intend to follow in France do not lead to a diploma recognized in France, please note you will have to apply for a visa under the VISITOR status, which will allow you to follow such studies.

Attention : If you are a Canadian studying in a Canadian university and are going to study in France through an inter-university exchange program, click here

Otherwise, please find below the required documents for your visa application:

1) Passport valid at least three months after the expiry date of the visa. + photocopy of PAGES WITH PICTURE, EXPIRY DATE OF PASSPORT, VISAS ISSUED, ALL STAMPS

Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago (first issuance). Even if it has been renewed since then by your country, we will decline your passport for a visa application and you will have to renew it prior to applying.

* Refugees: persons residing in Canada with refugee status, even if they hold permanent resident cards, must have in their possession a travel document for refugees, 1951 Geneva Convention Model.

2) 1 Long Stay application form duly filled out and signed + 2 recent and identical photos ID, format 35mm X 45mm only, with a clear and plain background. Pictures with hat, caps, sunglasses, etc.. will not be accepted (NO CUT OUT OF OR CANADIAN PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE).

Click here in order to get the specific characteristics.

Please glue one picture on the form and include the remaining one in an envelope.

3) Any document supporting your status in Canada for more than 6 months and allowing your re-entry : Canadian birth certificate, Canadian citizenship card, permanent resident card (to be photocopied both sides), valid Canadian visa… + photocopy

4) Letter from your university if your stay in France is part of an inter-university exchange + photocopy

5) Proof of pre-registration in a post graduate school, or university or professional training school + photocopy

6) Last diploma or proof of registration for the last academic year + photocopy

7) Means of support : financial guarantee form signed by the parents, personal bank statement…
(800 CAD x number of months) + photocopy

PDF - 7.9 kb
Garantie Financiere / Financial Guarantee
(PDF - 7.9 kb)

8) Proof of residency in France for the first 3 months such as a lease or title of property + photocopy

* If accommodation is provided by a person: attestation of undertaking + photocopy of national identity card or residence card if the host is a foreigner.

* If accommodation is in an establishment or provided by an establishment (or an institution): attestation by the establishment or institution + photocopy

9) The long stay visa (Visa de Long Séjour valant Titre de Séjour or VLS-TS) allows you to stay in France for more than 3 months. Upon arrival in France, you will have to validate your VLS-TS at the OFII.

10) The OFII form, filled

11) For the accompanying family : original certificate of marriage for the spouse, birth certificates for the children, proof of accommodation in France + photocopies

12) 1 Xpresspost envelope

Please note that additional documents may be required.

Last modified on 30/03/2017

top of the page