Teaching Assistants, Lecturers and Exchange Teachers [fr]

The long stay visa or type D allows you to stay in France for more than 3 months.

If you are going as an Exchange Teacher or a Lecturer please click here

Required Documents :

- Passport valid at least three months after the expiry date of the visa. + photocopy of PAGES WITH PICTURE, EXPIRY DATE OF PASSPORT, VISAS ISSUED, ALL STAMPS

Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago (first issuance). Even if it has been renewed since then by your country, we will decline your passport for a visa application and you will have to renew it prior to applying.

* Refugees: persons residing in Canada with refugee status, even if they hold permanent resident cards, must have in their possession a travel document for refugees, 1951 Geneva Convention Model.

- 1 Long Stay application form duly filled out and signed + 2 recent and identical photos ID, format 35mm X 45mm only, with a clear and plain background. Pictures with hat, caps, sunglasses, etc.. will not be accepted (NO CUT OUT OF A CANADIAN PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE).

Click here in order to get the specific characteristics.

Please glue one picture on the form and include the remaining one in an envelope.

- 1 OFII form

- Any document supporting your status in Canada for more than 6 months and allowing your re-entry : Canadian birth certificate, Canadian citizenship card, permanent resident card (to be photocopied both sides), valid Canadian visa… + photocopy

- Original of Arrêté de Nomination for Teaching Assistants, issued by the French Rectorat and stamped by the French Labor department (DIRECCTE: Direction Régionale des Entreprises, de la Concurrence, de la Consommation, du Travail et de l’Emploi, formerly DDTEFP) + photocopy

- 1 Xpresspost envelope

Please note that additional documents may be required.

Last modified on 09/03/2017

top of the page